-   -   Using "&" with a date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/82028-using-date.html)

LACA

Using "&" with a date

I feel like I should be able to figure this out as it seems like it
would be simple, but I'm stumped.

- I input a date (April 6, 2006) in cell A1. Cell A1 is formatted for
Dates.
- I then type this into cell D1:

="Sales total for "&A1

I want my result to read "Sales total for April 6, 2006"
but instead I get "Sales total for 38813"

It's putting the date in its numeric value. I've tried formatting D1 as
Date, as Text, but nothing seems to work.

Help?

Thanks

--
LACA
LACA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30381

Peo Sjoblom

Using "&" with a date

Try

="Sales total for "&TEXT(A1,"mmmm d, yyyy")

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"LACA" wrote in message

I feel like I should be able to figure this out as it seems like it
would be simple, but I'm stumped.

- I input a date (April 6, 2006) in cell A1. Cell A1 is formatted for
Dates.
- I then type this into cell D1:

="Sales total for "&A1

I want my result to read "Sales total for April 6, 2006"
but instead I get "Sales total for 38813"

It's putting the date in its numeric value. I've tried formatting D1 as
Date, as Text, but nothing seems to work.

Help?

Thanks

--
LACA
LACA's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=530771

Bryan Hessey

Using "&" with a date

="Sales total for " & text(a1,"dd/mm/yyyy")

--

LACA Wrote:
I feel like I should be able to figure this out as it seems like it
would be simple, but I'm stumped.

- I input a date (April 6, 2006) in cell A1. Cell A1 is formatted for
Dates.
- I then type this into cell D1:

="Sales total for "&A1

I want my result to read "Sales total for April 6, 2006"
but instead I get "Sales total for 38813"

It's putting the date in its numeric value. I've tried formatting D1 as
Date, as Text, but nothing seems to work.

Help?

Thanks

--
Bryan Hessey