-   -   Command button to point to a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81891-command-button-point-macro.html)

mike the new guy

Command button to point to a macro

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get a command button to point to a macro that I recently
recorded and for some reason I'm having troubles. I'm sure there's part of
the code in visual basic that I'm missing... Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!!!
mike

Dave O

Command button to point to a macro

There are two ways to add command buttons to a sprdsht: from the VBA
Control Toolbox and from the Forms toolbar. I find the button from the
Forms toolbar easiest to work with: when you invoke a button from
Forms, you will be asked what macro you want to assign to this button.
Afterwards you can right-click on the button and re-assign a different
macro.

Patricia Shannon

Command button to point to a macro

If you want to add a button to an Excel toolbar, or create your own toolbar
with your own button(s), I can tell you how to do that.
What kind of "troubles" are you having? Do you need to know how to start
out putting the button on the toolbar, or how to map it to your macro, or how
to put text on the button, or what?