-   -   Right click in cell menu options (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81837-right-click-cell-menu-options.html)

AlisonJS

Right click in cell menu options

Hi there, I have two users and when they right click on a cell in Excel, they
get only half the menu options the rest of my users have. I can't work out
why. It happens in every Excel file they open or create.

They have all the copy/cut/paste options, and Insert/Clear Contents/Delete,
but they are missing

Insert comments
Format Cells
Pick from drop down list
Add watch
Hyperlink
Lookup

Any ideas?
create list

Ron de Bruin

Right click in cell menu options

Hi AlisonJS

You can reset the cell menu
run this code like one time

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"AlisonJS" wrote in message ...
Hi there, I have two users and when they right click on a cell in Excel, they
get only half the menu options the rest of my users have. I can't work out
why. It happens in every Excel file they open or create.

They have all the copy/cut/paste options, and Insert/Clear Contents/Delete,
but they are missing

Insert comments
Format Cells
Pick from drop down list
Add watch
Hyperlink
Lookup

Any ideas?
create list

AlisonJS

Right click in cell menu options

How do I do that?

Sorry am not hot on code or difficult stuff!

Thanks.

"AlisonJS" wrote in message ...
Hi there, I have two users and when they right click on a cell in Excel, they
get only half the menu options the rest of my users have. I can't work out
why. It happens in every Excel file they open or create.

They have all the copy/cut/paste options, and Insert/Clear Contents/Delete,
but they are missing

Insert comments
Format Cells
Pick from drop down list
Add watch
Hyperlink
Lookup

Any ideas?
create list

Chip Pearson

Right click in cell menu options

How do I do that?

Press ALT+F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor. There, press
CTRL+G to open the Immediate window. In the Immediate window,
enter

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset

and press Enter.

Then, chose the VBA Editor from the File menu to return to Excel.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Alt -F11 (open the VBA editor)
Ctrl-g (open immediate window)
Paste this code line
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset

And press Enter

Alt-q to go back to Excel

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"AlisonJS" wrote in message ...
Hi there, I have two users and when they right click on a cell in Excel, they
get only half the menu options the rest of my users have. I can't work out
why. It happens in every Excel file they open or create.

They have all the copy/cut/paste options, and Insert/Clear Contents/Delete,
but they are missing

Insert comments
Format Cells
Pick from drop down list