-   -   Columns are cut off and grayed out (can't move any farther) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81674-columns-cut-off-grayed-out-cant-move-any-farther.html)

jlroper

Columns are cut off and grayed out (can't move any farther)

I am dealing with a huge workbook and am running into a problem. When I am
going to the right of the spreadsheet, I'm prevented from moving (there is a
grayed out area on the right side of the furthest column). I know it's a
quickfix, but I don't know how to take care of it myself. Can someone please
help?

Ron Coderre

Columns are cut off and grayed out (can't move any farther)

If the column is IV, then you've just hit the 256 column limit of Excel.

If it's NOT column IV, then the remaining columns are probably hidden.
Try this:
Hold down [Ctrl] and press A (to select the entire worksheet).
<Format<Columns<Unhide

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"jlroper" wrote:

I am dealing with a huge workbook and am running into a problem. When I am
going to the right of the spreadsheet, I'm prevented from moving (there is a
grayed out area on the right side of the furthest column). I know it's a
quickfix, but I don't know how to take care of it myself. Can someone please
help?

jlroper

Columns are cut off and grayed out (can't move any farther)

That's helps, thanks Ron