-   -   Sum IF-Urgent! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81501-sum-if-urgent.html)

Sue

Sum IF-Urgent!

I am trying to write a formula for the following condition

I have three drop downs with values, and if any one of the values from the
drop down is selected, I have sum a column
eg: If A2 OR B2 or C2 then SUM D2:D30

ANy help is appreciated!!

Chip Smith

Sum IF-Urgent!

=sumif(a2,"enter text from dropdown",d2:d30)

--
--Chip Smith--
MVP Wannabe :)

"Sue" wrote:

I am trying to write a formula for the following condition

I have three drop downs with values, and if any one of the values from the
drop down is selected, I have sum a column
eg: If A2 OR B2 or C2 then SUM D2:D30

ANy help is appreciated!!

Sue

Sum IF-Urgent!

A2,b2,C2 are values in the Dropdowns

"Sue" wrote:

I am trying to write a formula for the following condition

I have three drop downs with values, and if any one of the values from the
drop down is selected, I have sum a column
eg: If A2 OR B2 or C2 then SUM D2:D30

ANy help is appreciated!!

Pete_UK

Sum IF-Urgent!

I think an IF - SUM is what you want. Try this:

=IF(OR(A2="condition", B2="condition",C2="condition"),sum(D2:D30),0)

Hope this helps.

Pete

Sue

Sum IF-Urgent!

It is partially correct, except that I am looking for

A OR B OR C AND E
then Sum D2:D30

and I still am not able to figure out!

Thanks!

"Pete_UK" wrote:

I think an IF - SUM is what you want. Try this:

=IF(OR(A2="condition", B2="condition",C2="condition"),sum(D2:D30),0)

Hope this helps.

Pete

Pete_UK

Sum IF-Urgent!

Still a bit imprecise, but try this:

=IF(AND(OR(A2="condition",
B2="condition",C2="condition"),E2="condition"),sum (D2:D30),0)

This means if any of A, B or C meet their condition AND E meets its
condition then apply the sum - I think this is what you meant.

Hope this helps.

Pete