-   -   how to retrieve information that was saved on a floppy disk? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81475-how-retrieve-information-saved-floppy-disk.html)

ASHA

how to retrieve information that was saved on a floppy disk?

i saved information on a floppy disk 1.44 mb that was already formatted and
had information on it previosly. when i tried to open the floppy disk the
computer was telling to formatt my disk.where did all my information go? can
i get it back?

Jim Rech

how to retrieve information that was saved on a floppy disk?

Using a floppy with Excel is a huge no-no. If you must use a floppy at all,
first save the file to your hard drive and then copy it to the floppy using
Windows Explorer. Better yet use a USB drive. Your file is probably gone.

--
Jim