-   -   Does Excel take advantabe of smp? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81473-does-excel-take-advantabe-smp.html)

Guy Normandeau

Does Excel take advantabe of smp?

I'm trying to work with an 80 meg spreadsheet with tons of calculations and
macros. Whenever I change a column, it take 45 minutes to 1 hour on a dell
610 (pentium m 1600). If I run the application on a dual processor machine
or a dual core, processor, will Excel take advantage of the second processor
or core?

Niek Otten

Does Excel take advantabe of smp?

No. Not the present Excel or earlier.
I don't know about the next version of Excel; you might check at

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx

For many very useful tips about speed and memory efficiency, visit Charles William's site:

www.decisionmodels.com

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten