-   -   Countif - recognition problems with dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81464-countif-recognition-problems-dates.html)

simoncottle

Countif - recognition problems with dates

=COUNTIF(Pitches!$C$15:$C$67,"<=Pitches!B5+3")

Im trying to get countif to recognise dates that are less than three
days away. B5 is todays date..

Any suggestions on where I am going wrong?

--
simoncottle
simoncottle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33122

Dave Peterson

Countif - recognition problems with dates

maybe...

simoncottle wrote:

=COUNTIF(Pitches!$C$15:$C$67,"<=Pitches!B5+3")

Im trying to get countif to recognise dates that are less than three
days away. B5 is todays date..

Any suggestions on where I am going wrong?

--
simoncottle
simoncottle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33122
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529744

--

Dave Peterson

Dave O

Countif - recognition problems with dates

This formula worked for me:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Pitches!C15:C67<=Pitches!B5+3))

Toppers

"simoncottle" wrote:

=COUNTIF(Pitches!$C$15:$C$67,"<=Pitches!B5+3")

Im trying to get countif to recognise dates that are less than three
days away. B5 is todays date..

Any suggestions on where I am going wrong?

--
simoncottle
simoncottle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33122
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529744

simoncottle

Countif - recognition problems with dates

Thanks

As an add onto this does anyone know how to use countif with multiple
criteria

I have dates of projects that are attached to names, but i want to be
able to count only those projects at today +3 that are attached to
certain names.

At the moment i can count those with deadlines in the next three days
but not attach those to names.

I've tried being clever by separating out another table with the dates
attached to new names, but this isnt working properly and isnt a neat
solution

Thanks Simon

--
simoncottle
simoncottle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33122
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529744

Toppers

Countif - recognition problems with dates

TRY:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Pitches!C15:C67<=Pitches!B5+3),--(D15:D67=<name))

Replace <name with name e.g. "Fred" or cell reference containing name