-   -   Excel randomly crashes during save as (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81394-excel-randomly-crashes-during-save.html)

Toni

Excel randomly crashes during save as

I have a large (17MB) Excel spreadsheet which contains a couple of
sheets with tables looking at lots of pages of raw data. There are a
couple of combo boxes in the spreadsheet. The only code in the
spreadsheet sets the values in one combo box based on the value of the
other.

When I try to so a save as on this spreadsheet Excel sometimes crashes.
This seems to be dependant on the file name I choose. Some seem to
always work, some seem to work occasionally and others don't seem to
work at all.

I am currently working with MS Excel 2002.

Does anyone have any ideas or is this really just that the file is too
big? The spreadsheet works fine in itself, it just sometimes crashes
when trying to save with a different file name.

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Toni.