-   -   Hidding the formula and limiting users (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81342-hidding-formula-limiting-users.html)

bimseun

Hidding the formula and limiting users

I have used excel to create marksheets that would generate results of "fail"
or "pass" for students. I noticed that for the cells without any input data,
the output of the cells with data still appear because the condtiton of the
formula was not met..
What can I do so that:
1 The formula will be invisible?
2 I would be able to copy the formula to any part of the list when I need it
without it necessarily appearing?
thanks
bimseun

y_not

Hidding the formula and limiting users

If you go to the format commandsecurity tab the option is there to
unlock & hide contents.

If you hide the contants of the cells (and protect the worksheet)
nothing will show in the formula bar - is this what you're wanting?

--
y_not
y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19947