-   -   Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81240-formulas.html)

Metaldream7

Formulas

I am working with inventory evaluations. I download a report from another
source and put it into excel. I want to do a number of evaluations and the
trouble I am having is this: starting from sheet 1 ( the sheet where my info
is ) I want to write a formula on a different sheet ( sheet 2 ) and bring the
info from sheet 1 to sheet 2. Now here is my real problem. My database has
about 10 columns describing each inventory number. I want to write a formula
on sheet 2 based on say the last column ( which I know how to do ), then have
the info in the other nine cells of the row copy over as it is in sheet 1. Is
this possible?
--
Beginner Excel Guy.

Max

Formulas

"Metaldream7" wrote:
I am working with inventory evaluations. I download a report from another
source and put it into excel. I want to do a number of evaluations and the
trouble I am having is this: starting from sheet 1 ( the sheet where my info
is ) I want to write a formula on a different sheet ( sheet 2 ) and bring the
info from sheet 1 to sheet 2. Now here is my real problem. My database has
about 10 columns describing each inventory number. I want to write a formula
on sheet 2 based on say the last column ( which I know how to do ), then have
the info in the other nine cells of the row copy over as it is in sheet 1. Is
this possible?

Try Debra's pages on VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH at:

VLOOKUP

INDEX/MATCH

There's also some sample workbooks available for d/l
--
Max
Singapore