-   -   Auto Date Calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81182-auto-date-calculation.html)

martins

Auto Date Calculation

Can somebody tell me if this is possible - here is what I would like to
do -
Cell A1 contains a date which will always be the 19th of the month
formatted for example as 19/01/06: in the cells that follow this i.e.
A2 - A12 I would like the date to automatically appear based on the
what has been typed in cell A1 - for example: if 19/02/06 is typed in
cell A1, cell A2 returns 19/03/06, A3 returns 19/04/06 and so on -

I have tried to create a formula which allows for 30 and 31days cycle
but am getting nowhere - can anyone help -

--
martins
martins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31616

Peo Sjoblom

Auto Date Calculation

In A2 put

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

copy down as long as needed

will work as long as you don't use dates like 31/03/06 but since you said it
will always be the 19th
If you need to enter other dates like then 31st etc post back

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"martins" wrote in
message ...

Can somebody tell me if this is possible - here is what I would like to
do -
Cell A1 contains a date which will always be the 19th of the month
formatted for example as 19/01/06: in the cells that follow this i.e.
A2 - A12 I would like the date to automatically appear based on the
what has been typed in cell A1 - for example: if 19/02/06 is typed in
cell A1, cell A2 returns 19/03/06, A3 returns 19/04/06 and so on -

I have tried to create a formula which allows for 30 and 31days cycle
but am getting nowhere - can anyone help -

--
martins
martins's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529274

martins

Auto Date Calculation

This works fine - but just wondered how would you also return Blank if
the cell A1 is in fact blank?

Many Thanks

--
martins
martins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31616
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529274

martins

Auto Date Calculation

Please ignore last query - I have worked it out

However - if I wanted to return date formated as for example Apr-06 etc
in the cells following A1 - how would this look?

Thanks