-   -   How do I do a random excel sort or shuffle, in no particular order (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81175-how-do-i-do-random-excel-sort-shuffle-no-particular-order.html)

terrih

How do I do a random excel sort or shuffle, in no particular order

I want to create several teams with different people on each team. I want
there to be no particular order to the way I sort the teams and I want excel
to do this for me. Any suggestions?

Pauwl

How do I do a random excel sort or shuffle, in no particular order

Terrih,

I would create a second column, with the formula =RAND() in each cell.
Then sort all columns chosing the new column as the first to sort by.

regards,

PauwlL

"terrih" wrote:

I want to create several teams with different people on each team. I want
there to be no particular order to the way I sort the teams and I want excel
to do this for me. Any suggestions?

Gary''s Student

How do I do a random excel sort or shuffle, in no particular order

Put you list in column A and in column B enter =RAND() and copy down the
column.

Then sort A and B by B.

This will shuffle column A
--