-   -   Save with 2 names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81074-save-2-names.html)

tclark14

Save with 2 names

How would you write a macro that would automate saving a spreadsheet
file twice using two different names. File saveas FILENAME1, File save
as FILENAME2? I don't really want a backup file, I need an original
file that is saved, but I will allow others into the second file so the
original stays intact.

Thanks!

--
tclark14
tclark14's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11502

Bill Kuunders

Save with 2 names

Just an example....
This instruction can be in the this workbook code __before close__
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "c:\backup\curr,b4,roll.XLS"

the first line will just do a normal save
the second line does a save with the new name without changing the name of
the open file

But,,,,,,, if you want the original file without any changes then I suggets
that you take a copy before
anything else happens and store that somewhere save.
The automation will only take a copy of the changed file unless you take a
copy before opening the file.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K