-   -   change typed text to upper case (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/809-change-typed-text-upper-case.html)

CT Cameron

change typed text to upper case

How can I change existing text typed in lower case to upper case? In word,
you can select the text and chage case but I can't seem to find the answer in
Excel. I don't want to use the Formula =uppercase(a3) unless there is a way
to change an entire column.

Thanks.

David McRitchie

You would need a macro in Excel to change the data in place.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper

The first macro in that topic will change your existing data in a selection and you
can run it any time. Below that is an Event macro that has to be
customized to which columns you want it to apply to -- it will change
data constants when entered to capitals.
----
HTH,

"CT Cameron" <CT wrote ...
How can I change existing text typed in lower case to upper case? In word,
you can select the text and chage case but I can't seem to find the answer in
Excel. I don't want to use the Formula =uppercase(a3) unless there is a way
to change an entire column.

Don Guillett

see ans to same question 6 minutes later

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software