-   -   sum wiht an if or vlookup? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/80832-sum-wiht-if-vlookup.html)

Chip Smith

sum wiht an if or vlookup?

I have a spreadsheet with lots of data. i'm trying to create a number chart
dependant on certain parts of data. the chart will be based off differnt
types of data and for each month. this chart will be kept on a seperate
sheet. basically for january it will search for all the parts purchased and
sum those, then it will search for all parts that are renting and sum those
and it will do that for each month. can i write a formual for this like an
"if" or "vlookup" or something of that nature to sum them?
--
--Chip Smith--

Bob Phillips

sum wiht an if or vlookup?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A100)=1),--(YEAR(A1:A100)=2006),--(B1:B100="purchase
d"),C1:C100)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips