-   -   how do i format a cell based on format of a range of cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/80766-how-do-i-format-cell-based-format-range-cells.html)

Chris Hardick

how do i format a cell based on format of a range of cells?

A group of 20 adjacent cells within a row are manually colour coded based
upon status. There is a priority associated with the color(5 levels).
I would like to change background colour of other cells within the row to
match the highest priority colour
I have looked at conditional formatting but it does not give ability to
check a cells formatting, only its contents
Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted

CLR

how do i format a cell based on format of a range of cells?

Hi Chris...........
Five levels of conditional formatting can be attained with VBA, but one must
still specify the criteria for the Priority Assignment.....if not the
contents of a cell, then perhaps another column devoted to Priority.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Chris Hardick" wrote:

A group of 20 adjacent cells within a row are manually colour coded based
upon status. There is a priority associated with the color(5 levels).
I would like to change background colour of other cells within the row to
match the highest priority colour
I have looked at conditional formatting but it does not give ability to
check a cells formatting, only its contents
Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted

Chris Hardick

how do i format a cell based on format of a range of cells?

Thanks for the response, unfortunately I have no experience of VBA.
Can you point me at a good online resource covering the basics of VBA with
EXCEL

Thanks