-   -   Decimal Alignment (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/806-decimal-alignment.html)

ChSp

Decimal Alignment

How do I decimal align a column of numbers and indent it so it is centered
under the column heading text, which is center aligned?

David McRitchie

Centering data is one thing you can use the Center icon just like your text.

Decimal point alignment is something else, use # to indicate optional
digits. You can see more examples in the table on my page
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...htm#cellformat

format, cells, number (tab), custom
#,###.??? instead of #,###.00
If you want to keep it away from the right border then include _)
which simply means include a space as wide as close paren..
or any other character
---
HTH,