-   -   How do I format excel if cell value is = to 0 then row height = 0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/80200-how-do-i-format-excel-if-cell-value-%3D-0-then-row-height-%3D-0-a.html)

Jane11804

How do I format excel if cell value is = to 0 then row height = 0

I have one mail worksheet with all of my data on it, then four other sheets
containing "if" formulas to split the main data into sections. To make this
easily printable, I think I need a conditional format to hide the rows with
no data in; ie IF D4=0, ROW HEIGHT=0, ROW HEIGHT=20

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

How do I format excel if cell value is = to 0 then row height = 0

Hi

You should have a look at Data/Filter/Autofilter. I think it might be what
are wanting.

Andy.

"Jane11804" wrote in message
I have one mail worksheet with all of my data on it, then four other sheets
containing "if" formulas to split the main data into sections. To make
this
easily printable, I think I need a conditional format to hide the rows
with
no data in; ie IF D4=0, ROW HEIGHT=0, ROW HEIGHT=20

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Infinity

How do I format excel if cell value is = to 0 then row height = 0

With condition formatting it is not possible as condition formatting
only does formatting. I believe tha only way to do it via a macro.
Maybe you could ask this question in the programming section of this
forum.

Rgds.

--
Infinity
Infinity's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32725

Jane11804

How do I format excel if cell value is = to 0 then row height

many thanks Andy for your very prompt reply; yes this does excatly what I
wanted it to do. Many thanks again

Jane11804

"Jane11804" wrote in message
I have one mail worksheet with all of my data on it, then four other sheets
containing "if" formulas to split the main data into sections. To make
this
easily printable, I think I need a conditional format to hide the rows
with
no data in; ie IF D4=0, ROW HEIGHT=0, ROW HEIGHT=20

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

How do I format excel if cell value is = to 0 then row height

Thanks for the feedback!

Andy.