-   -   How can I setup an Excel Macro to loop? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/80105-how-can-i-setup-excel-macro-loop.html)

ExcelNovice

How can I setup an Excel Macro to loop?

I have recorded a Macro which will edit a cell from text to numeric. The
problem I have is that the Macro will only do one cell at a time. I am
working on a huge database and the file I am working with has an apostrophe
at the beginning and ending of the values I need to convert.

I need a quick response as I am under a tight deadline.

Zack Barresse

How can I setup an Excel Macro to loop?

Hello,

Can you post your macro?

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr
To email, remove NOSPAM

"ExcelNovice" wrote in message
I have recorded a Macro which will edit a cell from text to numeric. The
problem I have is that the Macro will only do one cell at a time. I am
working on a huge database and the file I am working with has an
apostrophe
at the beginning and ending of the values I need to convert.

I need a quick response as I am under a tight deadline.

Don Guillett

How can I setup an Excel Macro to loop?

As always, post your efforts for assistance

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"ExcelNovice" wrote in message
I have recorded a Macro which will edit a cell from text to numeric. The
problem I have is that the Macro will only do one cell at a time. I am
working on a huge database and the file I am working with has an
apostrophe
at the beginning and ending of the values I need to convert.

I need a quick response as I am under a tight deadline.

Elkar

How can I setup an Excel Macro to loop?

There are different ways to do loops, it would be easier to make a suggestion
if we knew what your macro looked like thus far.

But, there may be an easier way to remove those apostrophes than using a
macro.

Highlight your range of data, then do a Find/Replace. Replace ' with blank.
That will eliminate the end apostrophe from all of your data.

Then, in any blank, unused cell, enter the number 1. Then copy this cell.
Highlight your range of data, then select "Paste Special". Select "Multiply"
from the Paste Special window, then click OK. All of your data will now be
multiplied by 1, which will convert it to a number, without changing the
value.

HTH,
Elkar