-   -   formula missing something (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/80098-formula-missing-something.html)

mmock

formula missing something

I while back osmeone helped me with this formula. I needed to add another
column and the same forumla but with different cells. I remember at the end
of the formula I was to do a shift/control F-Something to get the { } on the
outside of the formula. Can I get some assistance as to what the combination
was to get this formula to work?

=SUM(IF(E5:E104="Cashier",IF(A5:A104="C",1,0)))

Thanks,
Mark

N Harkawat

formula missing something

Contrl+shift+Enter keys

"mmock" wrote:

I while back osmeone helped me with this formula. I needed to add another
column and the same forumla but with different cells. I remember at the end
of the formula I was to do a shift/control F-Something to get the { } on the
outside of the formula. Can I get some assistance as to what the combination
was to get this formula to work?

=SUM(IF(E5:E104="Cashier",IF(A5:A104="C",1,0)))

Thanks,
Mark

Sloth

formula missing something

as the other poster suggested the command is ctrl+shift+enter to enter an
array formula. However, you can replace it with the following formula that
is not an array formula. I personally hate array formulas and avoid them
when I can, but it's really a matter of preference.

=SUMPRODUCT((E5:E104="Cashier")*(A5:A104="C"))

"mmock" wrote:

I while back osmeone helped me with this formula. I needed to add another
column and the same forumla but with different cells. I remember at the end
of the formula I was to do a shift/control F-Something to get the { } on the
outside of the formula. Can I get some assistance as to what the combination
was to get this formula to work?

=SUM(IF(E5:E104="Cashier",IF(A5:A104="C",1,0)))

Thanks,
Mark

mmock

formula missing something

yes, that was it thank you!

"N Harkawat" wrote:

Contrl+shift+Enter keys

"mmock" wrote:

I while back osmeone helped me with this formula. I needed to add another
column and the same forumla but with different cells. I remember at the end
of the formula I was to do a shift/control F-Something to get the { } on the
outside of the formula. Can I get some assistance as to what the combination
was to get this formula to work?

=SUM(IF(E5:E104="Cashier",IF(A5:A104="C",1,0)))

Thanks,
Mark

mmock

formula missing something

Thank you so much....this is much better than the array formula way. I can
always get the correct answer and more here......thank you!