-   -   coma not separating data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/79906-coma-not-separating-data.html)

moinik123

coma not separating data

On my frend's machine coma is separating data in differentes colonnes.
But my Excel put all data in one colonne.

The same file is used.

Thank you.

--
moinik123
moinik123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32887

Dave Peterson

coma not separating data

I'd look at the windows setting that controls the list separator.

windows start button|settings|control panel|Regional settings applet
(or regional and language options)

Click the customize button
Numbers Tab
List separator

Make sure it matches the separator in the data (a comma).

moinik123 wrote:

On my frend's machine coma is separating data in differentes colonnes.
But my Excel put all data in one colonne.

The same file is used.

Thank you.

--
moinik123
moinik123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32887
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526923

--

Dave Peterson

wjohnson

coma not separating data

Are you Copying and Pasteing?
or Are You doing a "FILE OPEN?"
If you are doing a File Open then EXCEL should interpert the file as
comma separated values, (CSV) and put stuff into different columns.
Copy and paste - everything will go into one column.
But you can also do the following:
Once you have imported the DATA into your EXCEL file - select the
column - then on the MENU Bar - Select - DATA-TEXT TO COLUMNS and
follow the directions.

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29640
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526923

moinik123

coma not separating data

WORKING!!!

Thank's a lot.

Dave Peterson Wrote:
I'd look at the windows setting that controls the list separator.

windows start button|settings|control panel|Regional settings applet
(or regional and language options)

Click the customize button
Numbers Tab
List separator