-   -   How do I change the Excel 2000 sheet tab size? It's too small. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/797-how-do-i-change-excel-2000-sheet-tab-size-its-too-small.html)

Kelli

How do I change the Excel 2000 sheet tab size? It's too small.

For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
be bigger?

Gord Dibben

Kelli

This is a function of your Windows Display Properties.

The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in
Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and work your way
up or down. The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs.

Win98 as example...

Start Settings Control Panel Display Appearance(WinXP
AppearanceAdvanced)

"Item" drop down select Scrollbar

Change setting to Taste
Apply
OK

Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.

Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:49:01 -0800, "Kelli"
wrote:

For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
be bigger?

Kelli

Hi Gord,

Thank you so much - this was exactly what I needed!

Kelli

wrote:

For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
be bigger?

Gord Dibben

Thanks for the feedback Kelli.

When you're happy, we're all happy.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

wrote:

For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
be bigger?

racso

I'm looking for an answer to the same question.
Oscar

"Kelli" wrote:

For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
be bigger?

RagDyeR

This is really a Windows controlled property, which means that Word and
other applications will also be affected by this change.

Since the sheet tabs are actually located on the scroll bar, enlarging the
scrollbar will enlarge the tabs along with it.

Right click on your Windows desktop, and choose "Properties".
Click on the "Appearance" tab, and then on the "Advanced" button.
Expand the "Items" box, and click on "scrollbar".
My default size is 17, so an increase to 25 will make a very noticeable
change to the tab size, but play around to find your preference.

Don't forget, any changes apply to other apps as well.
--

HTH,

RD

"Kelli" wrote:

For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it

be bigger?

Max

Think its a windows setting

Try adjusting the "Scrollbar" size bigger to say: 25

In Windows XP:
Right-click at any empty spot in desktop Properties
In Display Properties dialog, choose Appearance tab
Click "Advanced" button
In the Advanced Appearance dialog
Click the "Item" droplist choose 'Scrollbar"
Set size to say: 25 OK Apply

--
Rgds
Max

"Kelli" wrote:

For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change

it to
be bigger?

Max

Why size 25 ? Quite an amazing coincidence <g

--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

RagDyeR

Tell me your original was 17, and it'll be stranger still, since I increased
mine from 16 a while ago in a test, and never changed it back.

RD

"Max" wrote in message
Why size 25 ? Quite an amazing coincidence <g

--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Max

"RagDyeR" wrote
Tell me your original was 17

... 18, pretty close <g
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Gordon

RagDyeR wrote:
This is really a Windows controlled property, which means that Word and
other applications will also be affected by this change.

Since the sheet tabs are actually located on the scroll bar, enlarging the
scrollbar will enlarge the tabs along with it.

Isn't the OP talking about WORKSHEET tabs, not Taskbar tabs?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

RagDyeR

Yes Gord, he is ... And sooooo?<g

RD

"Gordon" wrote in message
RagDyeR wrote:
This is really a Windows controlled property, which means that Word and
other applications will also be affected by this change.

Since the sheet tabs are actually located on the scroll bar, enlarging the
scrollbar will enlarge the tabs along with it.

Isn't the OP talking about WORKSHEET tabs, not Taskbar tabs?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
counting!)
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
to email me remove the obvious!

Gordon

RagDyeR wrote:
Yes Gord, he is ... And sooooo?<g

Soooooo - it's not a Windows property, it's an Excel property and won't
affect Word 'cos Word doesn't HAVE tabs.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
counting!)
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
to email me remove the obvious!

RagDyeR

Gordon,

The proof of the pudding is in the eating!
I usually say this to OPs ... Have you tried it ?

My post mentioned that the *SCROLL* (horizontal AND vertical) bar will be
enlarged, and since the sheet tabs in XL are on the scroll bar, they will be
increased in size also, as will the scroll bars in Word.

RD

RagDyeR wrote:
Gordon,

The proof of the pudding is in the eating!
I usually say this to OPs ... Have you tried it ?

My post mentioned that the *SCROLL* (horizontal AND vertical) bar will be
enlarged, and since the sheet tabs in XL are on the scroll bar, they will be
increased in size also, as will the scroll bars in Word.

I do find that MS has serious problems with joined-up thinking. OK, so
changing this WINDOWS setting changes the way Excel displays tabs within
a spreadsheet. BUT, if you change the negative number default by
selecting brackets in Regional settings in WINDOWS, Excel does NOT use
that default!!!!!! (Lotus does, and that's not an MS product!!!!)
Sheeeesh!