Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ben simpson

Default Payroll sheet comparisons

Hi there.

I've been working on is a time sheet (and almost done with it). During
our work periods throught the year we accrue holidays (just like vacation
time).
What I'm wanting to do is compare the present work period dates (I have
the dates in ms date format in F51:AF52), to a list that I manually have
looked up of the holiday dates (this is in the ms date format in A4:A103 on
the data sheet). In cell C28 on the time sheet, I need the name of the
holiday and/or holidays that have accrued during the pay period (thats in the
cell next to dates in B4:B103 on the data sheet). Hope I haven't lost you yet.
What I have:

Data Sheet

38718 New Years Day
38733 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
38768 Presidents Day
38866 Memorial Day
38902 Fourth of July
38964 Labor Day
39044 Thanksgiving Day
39045 Day after Thanksgiving Day
39075 Christmas Eve
39076 Christmas Day

What I've been using:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(F51:AF52,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,0)),"",VLOOKUP(C51,'Data
Sheet'!A4:B103,2))
This only lists the last match that it finds, and not all the matches,
which
is what I actually need.

What I need (in C28) if the pay period was from 12/26/2005 thru 01/21,2006:

Accrued Holiday(s) For: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr.

I think this is possible, I'm not savvy enough in Excel to figure this out
on my own. This is way over my head. Any help is appreciated. Thanks....Ben