-   -   Programming function keys in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/78925-programming-function-keys-excel.html)

Box815

Programming function keys in Excel

Is it possible to program function keys so that F4 (for example) becomes
Edit/Paste Special/Values?

I know I can do ALT ESV Enter. Just trying to make it even easier...

Thanks

MABeatty

Programming function keys in Excel

I'm not aware of an over-ride for the FN keys, but you could always
create a simple macro that you could execute with a single keystroke.

--
MABeatty
MABeatty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32258

Dave Peterson

Programming function keys in Excel

How about adding an icon to your favorite toolbar.

Tools|customize|toolbars (create a nice new one???)
then on the commands tab, look in the Edit category and drag the paste values
icon to that toolbar.

Heck, if you create a small toolbar and make it float over the worksheet, it
might even be useful.