-   -   converting a lotus file into excel. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/78919-converting-lotus-file-into-excel.html)

nela

converting a lotus file into excel.

Hi

I have a file that is in Lotus 123, I don't like working with theis file is
there any way i can convert the file tinto excel. The lotus file had macros
and i need to keep them.

Thanks a million
--
nela

Dave Peterson

converting a lotus file into excel.

Depends on the format of your 123 file (excel can open .wk* files, not .123
files).

And depends on your version of excel. IIRC, xl2003 (xl2002???) doesn't support
123 macros.

I just checked xl2003's help.

It says that xl2k+ won't run lotus 123 macros.

nela wrote:

Hi

I have a file that is in Lotus 123, I don't like working with theis file is
there any way i can convert the file tinto excel. The lotus file had macros
and i need to keep them.

Thanks a million
--
nela

--

Dave Peterson

Jim Rech

converting a lotus file into excel.

There are several 1-2-3 file formats. The newest is .123 which Excel cannot
read. But if you can save the file in WK4 format Excel can read it. If
your macros are the old style I'm familiar with (text in cells) the macros
will be preserved since they are just text to Excel. You cannot run them in
Excel however.

--
Jim