Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bidyut Bhattacharjee

Default Disabling "SAVE AS" option under "File"

Hi all,
I want to share an excel file on the network. I don't want the users
to Save As ,copy or paste the document beacause the information is sensitive.
Please let me know how can i achive the purpose.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rebecca

Go to Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet

If you uncheck the box, it essentially makes the worksheet a read only file.

"Bidyut Bhattacharjee" wrote:

Hi all,
I want to share an excel file on the network. I don't want the users
to Save As ,copy or paste the document beacause the information is sensitive.
Please let me know how can i achive the purpose.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You won't be able to stop them.

Heck, they could go into Windows explorer and copy that file and put it anywhere
they want.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bidyut Bhattacharjee

Hi Rebecca,
The problem is that I have 20 sheets.I have to enter the
password 40 times to make the file read only.Anyways thanks for your response.

Bidyut