Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BaldySlaphead

Default If... Then statements

How can I get my Excel 2002 spreadsheet to process proper 'if then'
style commands? I've tried to work this out using =if() but to no
avail.

E.G. Cell A1 contains a total.

If the results of calculation X in B1 meet a specific criteria, I want
Cell A1 to equal A1+10 i.e. basically I want to write
=If(B1=10,A1=A1+10,0)

I don't want to put an =if() statement in A1, since there needs to be
more than one of the above 'if then' style statements applied at
various points. I'm aware that I can't set a cell to have its own value
plus x, but I hope the logic of what I'd like to do is clear!

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Baldy

--