-   -   problems opening files larger than 1mb in size (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/78630-problems-opening-files-larger-than-1mb-size.html)

richtea

problems opening files larger than 1mb in size

I've got an Excel file containing a lot of data (nearly 11mb) but when I try
to open it and try to select all the cells I get the message 'Not enough
memory to display completely'.

I've got plenty of memory available on my hard drive and i've scanned my
computer for the Nimda virus but its not present on my machine.

I've tried opening the file on a different system but when I do, Excel
closes before the file has finished opening!

The file was created in Excel 2000 and is running on a Windows XP system.

Please can somebody help me!!!

George Nicholson

problems opening files larger than 1mb in size

key word in message: "display"

Check your *video* memory, video drivers, etc.

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.