-   -   Force Caps in a cell?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/78167-force-caps-cell.html)

tagr

Force Caps in a cell??

Is there a way to force text to automatically be show in Upper case even
though it might have been entered as lower case. So the cell
automatically changes all text into upper case.

I have played with the UPPER command but it seems to only allow the
upper case to be copied into another cell in caps.

Thanks

--
tagr
tagr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32583

[email protected]

Force Caps in a cell??

Follow the thread and download the file for your solution
http://groups.google.co.in/group/Mic...6502c223298627
or view the topic "USEFUL ADD-INS TO DOWNLOAD" in this group

tagr

Force Caps in a cell??

Best I can tell this only changes a cells characters to Upper case after
the text is entered. So if a lower case 'z' is entered you must go back
to that cell and do ctrl u to make it upper case.

I am looking for something that will force Upper case on the fly.

Thanks for your help -

Jered
Lubbock, TX

--
tagr
tagr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32583
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=523840

Peo Sjoblom

Force Caps in a cell??

You can only get that using an event macro that can be bypassed if the user
does not enable macros when the workbook is opened

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

look for "Changing Case On Data Entry"

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions