-   -   How can I sum certain entries in a column by reference letters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77949-how-can-i-sum-certain-entries-column-reference-letters.html)

Phil

How can I sum certain entries in a column by reference letters

I'm trying to sum certain entries in a column by a reference letter in
another column. For instance trying to get a total of all the "A" entries all
the "B" entries, and so on, in a single cell?? Please Help...??

How can I sum certain entries in a column by reference letters

Hi

Have a look at SUMIF(). There are other alternatives but that is the
simplest - if it does what you want.

Andy.

"Phil" wrote in message
I'm trying to sum certain entries in a column by a reference letter in
another column. For instance trying to get a total of all the "A" entries
all
the "B" entries, and so on, in a single cell?? Please Help...??

CLR

How can I sum certain entries in a column by reference letters

If you have lots of different "entries", then you might want to consider the
Data SubTotals feature..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3