-   -   how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77912-how-dispaly-date-mon-2-dec.html)

Simon Le Page

how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

Hello,
I need to create a forumula to change the date format from 2/12 to display
the day & date "Mon 2 Dec"
Thank You

mudraker

how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

Simon

change cell format to ddd dd mmm

or for a formula format use =TEXT(A1,"ddd dd mmm")

--
mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2473

Dave Peterson

how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

You could just use a custom format:
ddd d mmm

Simon Le Page wrote:

Hello,
I need to create a forumula to change the date format from 2/12 to display
the day & date "Mon 2 Dec"
Thank You

--

Dave Peterson

JudithJubilee

how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

Hello Simon Le Page,

You can use a Custom Number Format:

Highlight the dates and choose Format + Cells + Number Tab.
Choose Custom and type the following into the text box:

ddd d mmm

Post back if you have any problems

Judith
--
Hope this helps

"Simon Le Page" wrote:

Hello,
I need to create a forumula to change the date format from 2/12 to display
the day & date "Mon 2 Dec"
Thank You

wdjsxj

how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

cell format/define
ddd-d-mmm

€œSimon Le Page€ç¼–写:

Hello,
I need to create a forumula to change the date format from 2/12 to display
the day & date "Mon 2 Dec"
Thank You

Ron Rosenfeld

how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:36:30 -0800, Simon Le Page <Simon Le
wrote:

Hello,
I need to create a forumula to change the date format from 2/12 to display
the day & date "Mon 2 Dec"
Thank You

Obviously depends on the year, but if your date is a standard Excel date, then

Format/Cells/Number Custom Type: ddd d mmm

--ron