-   -   Ignore Text when calculating time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77859-ignore-text-when-calculating-time.html)

DaleP1

Ignore Text when calculating time

I am trying to get a time sheet (schedule) to work that will calculate mil
time.
I am able to calculate the time nicely but, is there a way to ignore text
that may end up in a cell. Such as SICK or HOL. The string I am currently
use to add up time entered in mil time and convert to hours worked follows.
=(B5C5)+-C5-B5
I simply need a function that will ignore text entered.
Is this making sense:)
Thanks in advance Dale

Peo Sjoblom

Ignore Text when calculating time