-   -   Remove multiple hyperlinks in an Excel spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77827-remove-multiple-hyperlinks-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Leon

Remove multiple hyperlinks in an Excel spreadsheet

I've had a hyperlink problem in my Excel files for ages: false hyperlinks had
been created (even in empty cells) and were multiplying regularly whenever I
inserted new lines. How can I delete all hyperlinks in a sheet at once and
not have to delete them cell by cell?

Dave Peterson

Remove multiple hyperlinks in an Excel spreadsheet

Select the range to clean up (ctrl-a a few times will select all the cells)
hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE)
hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
type this and hit enter:

selection.hyperlinks.delete

--

Dave Peterson

Leon

Remove multiple hyperlinks in an Excel spreadsheet

Hi Dave,
How do I run the function.
By pressing the "Enter" I had a run time error -'-2147417848(80010108)';
Automation error.
The object invoked has disconnected from client.

Leon wrote:

I've had a hyperlink problem in my Excel files for ages: false hyperlinks had
been created (even in empty cells) and were multiplying regularly whenever I
inserted new lines. How can I delete all hyperlinks in a sheet at once and
not have to delete them cell by cell?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Remove multiple hyperlinks in an Excel spreadsheet

I'm not sure why you got that error.

I'd close excel and retry it (but that's just a guess).