-   -   How to display repeating data in Pivot Tab (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77815-how-display-repeating-data-pivot-tab.html)

Vasan

How to display repeating data in Pivot Tab

Hello,

I have a Pivot Table which displays 3 fields. By defaults, Excel groups the
data and removes the repeating data. For example, I have the following:

CustId Account# Balance

Excel displays this as,

CustId Account# Balance
A2 300

Note that it doesn't display CustId in the 2nd row. But I want it to display
it. How can I do this?

Thanks
Vasan

Max

How to display repeating data in Pivot Tab

Try Debra Dalgleish's page for
some nice ideas on filling in the blank cells:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html
Fill Blank Cells
Fill Blank Cells Programmatically
--
Max
Singapore
"Vasan" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a Pivot Table which displays 3 fields. By defaults, Excel groups

the
data and removes the repeating data. For example, I have the following:

CustId Account# Balance

Excel displays this as,

CustId Account# Balance
A2 300

Note that it doesn't display CustId in the 2nd row. But I want it to

display
it. How can I do this?

Thanks
Vasan

Dave Peterson

How to display repeating data in Pivot Tab

But this won't work if it's still a pivottable.

The OP can either copy|paste special|values first, then do this.

Or copy to a new worksheet (as values). Then do it against that sheet.

"Vasan" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a Pivot Table which displays 3 fields. By defaults, Excel groups

the
data and removes the repeating data. For example, I have the following:

CustId Account# Balance

Excel displays this as,

CustId Account# Balance
A2 300

Note that it doesn't display CustId in the 2nd row. But I want it to

display
it. How can I do this?

Thanks
Vasan

--

Dave Peterson

Max

How to display repeating data in Pivot Tab

"Dave Peterson" wrote
But this won't work if it's still a pivottable.

Thanks. Yes, I missed that point in the OP.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895