-   -   Yearly total average? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77733-yearly-total-average.html)

Tammy

Yearly total average?

I have made a spreadsheet to keep attendance based on percentages. I want to
be able to insert a formula in the last column to calculate a running average
total. Example, at the end of March they have 100%, but in April they only
have 50% attendance, so the yearly would be 87.5%.

It can't be that difficult, but I can't figure out how to do it. Plus, I
don't want to change the formula each month.

THANKS
--
Tammy

CLR

Yearly total average?

Maybe something like this...........

=SUM(A1:L1)/COUNT(A1:L1)

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tammy" wrote:

I have made a spreadsheet to keep attendance based on percentages. I want to
be able to insert a formula in the last column to calculate a running average
total. Example, at the end of March they have 100%, but in April they only
have 50% attendance, so the yearly would be 87.5%.

It can't be that difficult, but I can't figure out how to do it. Plus, I
don't want to change the formula each month.

THANKS
--
Tammy

David Biddulph

Yearly total average?

"Tammy" wrote in message
I have made a spreadsheet to keep attendance based on percentages. I want
be able to insert a formula in the last column to calculate a running
average
total. Example, at the end of March they have 100%, but in April they
only
have 50% attendance, so the yearly would be 87.5%.

It can't be that difficult, but I can't figure out how to do it. Plus, I
don't want to change the formula each month.

If your monthly attendance figures are in column B, starting in B1, your
running average formula can be =AVERAGE(B$1:B1) in the January row, which
when you copy it down the column will be =AVERAGE(B$1:B4) by the time you
get to April, for example.
--
David Biddulph

CLR

Yearly total average?

I'm sorry, I really don't grasp your data layout..........about all I can
suggest is for you to replace the ranges A1:L1 in both parts of the formula I
gave you with the actuall cell addresses that contain your percentages of
interest......like

=SUM(C5,F5,I5, etc etc)/COUNT(C5,F5,I5, etc etc)

"Tammy" wrote:

I tried it and it still doesn't work.

Here is a piece of the spsheet.

Jan-06 Total Feb-06 Total Mar-06 Total
1/5 1/19 2/2 2/16 3/2 3/16

w w 100% w w 100% w w The w indicates they worked. So the yearly total
needs to show a up to date total in percent.

--
Tammy

"CLR" wrote:

Maybe something like this...........

=SUM(A1:L1)/COUNT(A1:L1)

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tammy" wrote:

[...]

"CLR" wrote:

Maybe something like this...........

=SUM(A1:L1)/COUNT(A1:L1)

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tammy" wrote:

I have made a spreadsheet to keep attendance based on percentages. I want to
be able to insert a formula in the last column to calculate a running average
total. Example, at the end of March they have 100%, but in April they only
have 50% attendance, so the yearly would be 87.5%.

It can't be that difficult, but I can't figure out how to do it. Plus, I
don't want to change the formula each month.

THANKS
--
Tammy

Tammy

Yearly total average?

Thanks for trying, I guess I am not explaining it very good. It is an
attendance chart for the Fire Co. They have 2 or 3 meetings a month. I have
it set up to give the percent of attendance for each month. They wanted to
be able to see a yearly average for each member. EX: if they have 100%
attendance for 3 months and 50% attendance for the 4th month, that would be
87.5% for the year so far. But, I can't figure out what formula to use.

I did the sum of each month, but not sure how to tell it to divide by
howevermany meetings have occured so far.

--
Tammy

"Tammy" wrote:

I tried it and it still doesn't work.

Here is a piece of the spsheet.

Jan-06 Total Feb-06 Total Mar-06 Total
1/5 1/19 2/2 2/16 3/2 3/16

w w 100% w w 100% w w The w indicates they worked. So the yearly total
needs to show a up to date total in percent.

--
Tammy

"CLR" wrote:

Maybe something like this...........

=SUM(A1:L1)/COUNT(A1:L1)

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tammy" wrote:

I have made a spreadsheet to keep attendance based on percentages. I want to
be able to insert a formula in the last column to calculate a running average
total. Example, at the end of March they have 100%, but in April they only
have 50% attendance, so the yearly would be 87.5%.

It can't be that difficult, but I can't figure out how to do it. Plus, I
don't want to change the formula each month.

THANKS
--
Tammy

CLR

Yearly total average?

No problem, just sometimes my medication doesn't work as well as other times
<g...Please post your formula you used to "sum" the months.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tammy" wrote:

I tried it and it still doesn't work.

Here is a piece of the spsheet.

Jan-06 Total Feb-06 Total Mar-06 Total
1/5 1/19 2/2 2/16 3/2 3/16

w w 100% w w 100% w w The w indicates they worked. So the yearly total
needs to show a up to date total in percent.

--
Tammy

"CLR" wrote:

Maybe something like this...........

=SUM(A1:L1)/COUNT(A1:L1)

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tammy" wrote:

I have made a spreadsheet to keep attendance based on percentages. I want to
be able to insert a formula in the last column to calculate a running average
total. Example, at the end of March they have 100%, but in April they only
have 50% attendance, so the yearly would be 87.5%.

It can't be that difficult, but I can't figure out how to do it. Plus, I
don't want to change the formula each month.

THANKS
--
Tammy

Tammy

Yearly total average?

=SUM(AO11+AL11+AH11+AE11+AB11+Y11+V11+R11+O11+L11+ H11+E11)
--
Tammy

"Tammy" wrote:

I tried it and it still doesn't work.

Here is a piece of the spsheet.

Jan-06 Total Feb-06 Total Mar-06 Total
1/5 1/19 2/2 2/16 3/2 3/16

w w 100% w w 100% w w The w indicates they worked. So the yearly total
needs to show a up to date total in percent.

--
Tammy

"CLR" wrote:

Maybe something like this...........

=SUM(A1:L1)/COUNT(A1:L1)

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tammy" wrote:

I have made a spreadsheet to keep attendance based on percentages. I want to
be able to insert a formula in the last column to calculate a running average
total. Example, at the end of March they have 100%, but in April they only
have 50% attendance, so the yearly would be 87.5%.

It can't be that difficult, but I can't figure out how to do it. Plus, I
don't want to change the formula each month.

THANKS
--
Tammy

CLR

Yearly total average?

Try this......

=SUM(AO11,AL11,AH11,AE11,AB11,Y11,V11,R11,O11,L11, H11,E11)/COUNT(AO11,AL11,A

"Tammy" wrote:

I tried it and it still doesn't work.

Here is a piece of the spsheet.

Jan-06 Total Feb-06 Total Mar-06 Total
1/5 1/19 2/2 2/16 3/2 3/16

w w 100% w w 100% w w The w indicates they worked. So the yearly

total
needs to show a up to date total in percent.

--
Tammy

"CLR" wrote:

Maybe something like this...........