-   -   Count the number of Lines in a "wrap text"-cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77668-count-number-lines-wrap-text-cell.html)

MichaelS_

Count the number of Lines in a "wrap text"-cell

Hi

I try to count the number of Lines within a „wrap text“-cell. It would
be nice to have a solution without VBA programming.

Tanks a lot for your help
Michael

--
MichaelS_
MichaelS_'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26406

Biff

Count the number of Lines in a "wrap text"-cell

Hi!

If the lines were created using CHAR(10) "hard returns" (key combo
ALT+ENTER) you could count those chars:

=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(10),""))+1

Have no idea how to do it if the cell was simply formatted to wrap text.

Biff

"MichaelS_" wrote
in message ...

Hi

I try to count the number of Lines within a "wrap text"-cell. It would
be nice to have a solution without VBA programming.

Tanks a lot for your help
Michael

--
MichaelS_
MichaelS_'s Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522984

MichaelS_

Count the number of Lines in a "wrap text"-cell

Thank you very much for your help. My problem is solved.

Michael