-   -   Why am I getting XXX error in text cell with word wrap turned on? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77579-why-am-i-getting-xxx-error-text-cell-word-wrap-turned.html)

HMF

Why am I getting XXX error in text cell with word wrap turned on?

I am attempting to enter text into a cell in worksheet. The cell is
designated as a text cell, word wrap is turned on, the the cell is merged to
six lines long. When I enter text it looks fine until I hit the Tab or Enter
key, then all I get is a single line of XXXXXXX instead of the text. I have
tried making the cell bigger, I have tried using hard returns in the body of
the text. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me?

Gary''s Student

Why am I getting XXX error in text cell with word wrap turned on?

Try changing the cell format from text to general
--
Gary's Student

"HMF" wrote:

I am attempting to enter text into a cell in worksheet. The cell is
designated as a text cell, word wrap is turned on, the the cell is merged to
six lines long. When I enter text it looks fine until I hit the Tab or Enter
key, then all I get is a single line of XXXXXXX instead of the text. I have
tried making the cell bigger, I have tried using hard returns in the body of
the text. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me?

Dave Peterson

Why am I getting XXX error in text cell with word wrap turned on?

Try changing the numberformat to General.

Format|cells|number tab