-   -   Breaking Links in Excel 2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77536-breaking-links-excel-2000-a.html)

amyp

Breaking Links in Excel 2000

I've got a spreadsheet that has been saved year over year to the new
year. Although links to certain files are no longer within the body of
the current file, when I go to editlinks, all of the old files show
there as linked to (going back to 1998). I would like the editlinks
to only show the files that the workbook is currently linked to. I know
in Excel 2002+ there is a function that will "break links" but I'm using
Excel 2000 and can't seem to get rid of these many files. Any help would
be appreciated--

Thanks,
Amy

--
amyp
amyp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32489

Jim Rech

Breaking Links in Excel 2000

Edit, Links shows only the files to which there are current links. So these
'old' links still exist. To find and delete them you should get the
FindLink utility found he

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--
Jim
"amyp" wrote in message

| I've got a spreadsheet that has been saved year over year to the new
| year. Although links to certain files are no longer within the body of
| the current file, when I go to editlinks, all of the old files show
| there as linked to (going back to 1998). I would like the editlinks
| to only show the files that the workbook is currently linked to. I know
| in Excel 2002+ there is a function that will "break links" but I'm using
| Excel 2000 and can't seem to get rid of these many files. Any help would
| be appreciated--
|
| Thanks,
| Amy
|

| --
| amyp
| amyp's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522773

amyp

Breaking Links in Excel 2000

Thanks Jim-
Does that utility only delete the links from the workbook that you have
open or any workbook on your system?

THanks-

--
amyp