-   -   In a column of numbers, how do I return the last non-zero number? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77476-column-numbers-how-do-i-return-last-non-zero-number.html)

ACEACE

In a column of numbers, how do I return the last non-zero number?

That is the bottom-most non-zero number?

Biff

In a column of numbers, how do I return the last non-zero number?

Hi!

In a column of numbers

Try this:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A10<0),A1:A10)

Biff

"ACEACE" wrote in message
That is the bottom-most non-zero number?

CLR

In a column of numbers, how do I return the last non-zero numb

That seems to return only the value in A10.........

Perhaps this........
=SMALL(A1:A10,COUNTIF(A1:A10,0)+1)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

In a column of numbers

Try this:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A10<0),A1:A10)

Biff

"ACEACE" wrote in message
That is the bottom-most non-zero number?

Biff

In a column of numbers, how do I return the last non-zero numb

Screencap:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1...nonzero6xy.jpg

Biff

"CLR" wrote in message
That seems to return only the value in A10.........

Perhaps this........
=SMALL(A1:A10,COUNTIF(A1:A10,0)+1)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

In a column of numbers

Try this:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A10<0),A1:A10)

Biff

"ACEACE" wrote in message
That is the bottom-most non-zero number?

CLR

In a column of numbers, how do I return the last non-zero numb

My apology.......I kept reading "the bottom-most non-zero number" as being
"the smallest non-zero number".........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message
That seems to return only the value in A10.........

Perhaps this........
=SMALL(A1:A10,COUNTIF(A1:A10,0)+1)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3