-   -   Sorting Data in ascending order (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77064-sorting-data-ascending-order.html)

sharon2006

Sorting Data in ascending order

Hi Guys,

I need help in sorting a data in ascending order.Hope you guys can help
me to solve it.:)
Example:

BEFORE SORTING:
_Column_A_ _Column_B_ _Column_C_
David Student
CS
Andy Student
CU
Mandy Faculty
CE

AFTER SORTING:
_Column_A_ _Column_B_ _Column_C_
Andy Student
CU
David Student
CS
Mandy Faculty
CE

I need to sort the data in column A in ascending order. The following
columns will changes based on the Column A after sorting.

Thanks & Regards
Sharon:)

--
sharon2006
sharon2006's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30173

DavidC

Sorting Data in ascending order

Hi Sharon,

Have you tried the sort function under Data/Sort? This allows you to select
which column to sort in what order. The trick is though to make sure you
have selected ALL the columns and rows with data in them otherwise excel will
sort only those selected columns and you will loose the relationship of data
between the sorted columns and those not included in the selection.

Hope this helps

regards

DavidC