-   -   if not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77014-if-not-working.html)

Micayla Bergen

if not working

i have this function
=IF(R5=1,D5,"")
my cell R5 is 1 but i get a 0 instead of 6% which is what D5 is. it is
correct in that it is empty if R5 is empty.

thanks

DavidC

if not working

Hi Micaykla,

First I would check the formating of cell D5. If it is set to show no
decimal places and not percentage then it is likely that 6% (.oo6) will show
as 0. Check to make sure that the format in cell D5 is set to 0.00%.

Hope this helps

regards

DavidC

"Micayla Bergen" wrote:

i have this function
=IF(R5=1,D5,"")
my cell R5 is 1 but i get a 0 instead of 6% which is what D5 is. it is
correct in that it is empty if R5 is empty.

thanks

Sandy Mann

if not working

How is the cell containing the formula formatted? If it is for example
formatted as Number with zero decimals then it will show zero.

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Micayla Bergen" wrote in message
i have this function
=IF(R5=1,D5,"")
my cell R5 is 1 but i get a 0 instead of 6% which is what D5 is. it is
correct in that it is empty if R5 is empty.

thanks

Micayla Bergen

if not working

It was the formatting