-   -   how could I indent numbers in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77012-how-could-i-indent-numbers-excel.html)

silviah

how could I indent numbers in Excel?

I would like to indent numbers in a table in Excel. Is that possible and how?

I would like to have 1 .......
2................
3..............
4..............., etc
Is there a formula for it?

mudraker

how could I indent numbers in Excel?

silviah

Use cell formating
Right Aligh (Indent)
Set Indent to 1 or 2 etc

--
mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2473

Dave Peterson

how could I indent numbers in Excel?

You can use alt-enters to force new lines in a cell. Then you can use space
characters to pad the left hand side.

If your list is in separate cells, you could put the number of characters to
indent in a helper column and use another helper column for display:

=rept(" ",a1)&b1

There is one more option. You can indent each cell using Format|cell|alignment
tab. That's either a manual effort or some sort of macro with you specifying
the number of characters to indent (another helper column???).

=====
Excel really doesn't make a very good word processor. Maybe putting the list in
MSWord and using its outlining features would be better????