-   -   Source Codes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77005-source-codes.html)

JDay

Source Codes

While attempting to copywrite a Excel workbood, the copyright office is
asking me to provide the "source codes." How might I retrieve those?

Chip Pearson

Source Codes

The request for source code usually means the programming code
(e.g., VBA code, VB code, C code, etc). For a workbook, it would
be a list of all cells and their formulas.

"JDay" wrote in message
While attempting to copywrite a Excel workbood, the copyright
office is
asking me to provide the "source codes." How might I retrieve
those?

cincode5

Source Codes

Chip,

An offset question.

Would coding the functionality of an xls file in VBA as opposed to formulas
esentially protect your work from plagerism. I have an xls that I'd like to
issue for profit but am fearful of vandalism.
--
Regards...