-   -   Combo box and numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76910-combo-box-numbers.html)

TJAC

Combo box and numbers

I have a spreadsheet that contains a combo box, within this combo box are
numbers 1, 2, or 3. I then take the value that was selected and use this in
a formula. If this number changes to another value, then the formula will
not work because Excel changes it to text rather than a number. How can I
force it to stay a number so my formula will always work rather than changing
it back?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Peterson

Combo box and numbers

Is this a combobox from the control toolbox? If yes, you can just convert that
linkedcell's value to a number by using --A1

Replace your linked cell reference with minus, minus, linked cell address.

--

Dave Peterson