-   -   off by .10 cents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76759-off-10-cents.html)

Richard

off by .10 cents

I have a spreadsheet that I use to balance my checkbook. Why would it always
be off by exactly 10 cents every time?

Gary''s Student

off by .10 cents

I have a similar problem every single month! I have a column that represents
my debits (checks and other withdrawls). I download the bank's version of
the same data and the sums never compare exactly.

I enter the data in two adjacent columns and sort them separately. Then by
comparing cel-by-cell, I find my bad entry.
--
Gary''s Student

"Richard" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I use to balance my checkbook. Why would it always
be off by exactly 10 cents every time?

Richard

off by .10 cents

Mine is always exactly 10 cents more every bank statement, never less, never
more, always 10 cent more, weard!

"Richard" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I use to balance my checkbook. Why would it always
be off by exactly 10 cents every time?

Gary''s Student

off by .10 cents

You may have made an entry error many month's ago. To find it, you may have
to go way back.

Good Luck
--
Gary's Student