-   -   Excel formatting question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76756-excel-formatting-question.html)

Aaron Daniels

Excel formatting question

I need c1 to equal A1.B1. I know how to get C1=A1&B1 but I need a period
separating them. Then in D1 I need it to equal . Help
would be appreciated

Ardus Petus

Excel formatting question

C1: =A1&","&B1
D1: "

HTH
--
AP

"Aaron Daniels" a écrit dans le
message de ...
I need c1 to equal A1.B1. I know how to get C1=A1&B1 but I need a period
separating them. Then in D1 I need it to equal . Help
would be appreciated

BigPig

Excel formatting question

Aaron,

You could try this:

In cell C1 type: =A1&"."&B1

In cell D1 type: "

As far as enabling the hyperlink so that all you do is click. I don't know,
but you could do it via VBA.

You can create a forumula that will 'mailto' but that will only open a blank
email.

Hope this helps.