-   -   RECOVER A SPREADSHEET CLOSED BEFORE SAVING (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76602-recover-spreadsheet-closed-before-saving.html)

steve.merwick

RECOVER A SPREADSHEET CLOSED BEFORE SAVING

I accidently closed a spreadsheet before I saved it. Is there away to
recover the spreadsheet maybe through autosave?

dlw

RECOVER A SPREADSHEET CLOSED BEFORE SAVING

No. Autosave, when turned on, saves the spreadsheet at given intervals, it
doesn't work after the fact.

"steve.merwick" wrote:

I accidently closed a spreadsheet before I saved it. Is there away to
recover the spreadsheet maybe through autosave?

Doug Kanter

"steve.merwick" wrote in message
I accidently closed a spreadsheet before I saved it. Is there away to
recover the spreadsheet maybe through autosave?

Do you have a CD or DVD burner?

Nigel

RECOVER A SPREADSHEET CLOSED BEFORE SAVING

Hi,

As a question to this if autosave or autorecovery saves the spreadsheet at
given intervals ( in my case every 10 minutes ), the can the autosaved file
be opened from that given point? i too accidently closed my book without save
after 2 hours working ( infact i placed my data and left it open for 1/2
hour) in this time autorecovery happen 3 times thus saving the most up to
date information which in theory, should be retrievable. i use autocad too
and you can set auto back upl ike excel but there is also an auto save which,
if you worked all day without saving then closed accidentally, you can open
the autosave and be back where you were. can this be done in excel or is it a
case of " tough luck kiddo, you should have pressed the save button"?

regards,

nigel