-   -   Excel slow to open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76502-excel-slow-open.html)

Alan Moseley

Excel slow to open

Hi

I have a problem with one PC that excel starts very slowly on. I have
checked the startup folder, which is empty. I can run Excel normally when
you run it in Excel safe mode. I have renamed the .xlb and .pip files but
all to no avail. The problem occurred when I switched off what used to be
one of our fileservers. When I switched it back on again the problem
dissappeared. The trouble is is that I need to reformat this server so it is
going to have to go off permanently at some point.

Any ideas?

TIA

Alan Moseley

Excel slow to open

Managed to solve this one, the working folder was pointing at the old server.