-   -   Excel suddenly requests the instal disk! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76444-excel-suddenly-requests-instal-disk.html)

stompin

Excel suddenly requests the instal disk!

OK, all users left the building on Friday night and when they came back in
Mon AM and fired up Excel approx 60% if machines requested the instal disk.
I have 200 users so this was a nightmare, but more importantly I need to know
why?. It looked like the instal disk copied over very few files on all
affected machines. The Excel version affected was across the board - 2K to
XP to 2003 so no common factor there. The automated virus scanner picked up
no problems and there is no Excel / Office GP in affect on the domain.

Strange but has anybody experienced this before, or have any ideas?

Thanks